Wednesday, January 27, 2010

if the world had a front porch!

It was where my momma sat on that on that old swing with her love, my dad, and as funny as it sounds it was where grandaddy taught my how to cuss and how to pray. it was where we made our own ice cream on those sultry summer nights, where Buffy had her puppies and all us kids had our fights(cause momma wouldn't let it happen in her house)growing up there were many nights id sit and look out at the stars, to the sound of a distant whippoorwills or maybe the hum of a passing car. you know it was where i first got up the nerve to steal me my first kiss, and where i learned to play guitar and pray i had the gift! if the world had a front porch like we did back then, we would still have our problems but we'd all be friends. we would treat our neighbors like they were our next of kin.

No comments:

Post a Comment